Acceptable Use Policy (Hosting)
This Acceptable Use Policy (herineafter, the "AUP") is an integral part of your hosting agreement with d12. If you enagage in any of the activies prohibited by this AUP, d12 reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account without notice or refund.
This Acceptable Use Policy is designed to help protect d12 and d12 clients from irresponsible or illegal activities. This policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by d12. d12 Web Design and Development reserves the right to modify this AUP at any time, effective upon its publication.
Prohibited Uses of d12's Systems and Services
The following activities are prohibited:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any adult material. This includes, without limitation, all pornography or otherwise lewd or obscene content.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Messages ("spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Messages through d12's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of spam from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on d12's servers, is prohibited. d12 accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider. This prohibition of Unsolicited Bulk Messaging applies to any and all forms of delivery including, but not limited to, email, usenet, any form of instant messaging, and VOIP. It also includes postings to web sites such as forums, blogs, bulletin boards and wikis.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by d12 customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any d12-hosted domain, or referencing any d12 account, is prohibited.
- Impersonating another person or misrepresent authorization to act on behalf of others. All messages transmitted via d12's servers must correctly identify the sender and origin of the message. Users may not alter or attempt to disguise the attribution of origin in email messages, usenet posting or any other message.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user.
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any d12 customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service to any other user whether on the d12 network or on another provider's network.
- Using d12's Services to interfere with the use of the d12 network by other customers or authorized users.
- Giving unrestricted access to our resources to untrusted users; this includes for instance running an anonymous ftp server or an open webmail service.
- Storing material on our servers that is not for the primary purpose of hosting a website, and associated email functions. This includes, without limitation, storing backup data unrelated to your websites and emails or storing personal music or video collections.