Changing your WordPress Password
Changing your WordPress password is easy. You should change it on a regular basis. You should also change it when you login for the first time.
- Navigate to your user profile.
- Scroll down to the button labeled "Generate Password". Click on the button.
- WordPress will suggest a new password. WordPress generates extremely strong passwords.
- If you wish to select a different password, enter your new password in the box. If you choose a weak password, WordPress will ask you to confirm your use of a weak password by ticking the box below.
- If you are working in a public location, you can hide your password by clicking the "Hide" button.
- Click the "Update Profile" button at the bottom of the page.
Note: Passwords are case sensitive.
Note: WordPress does not ask you to verify your password by entering it twice. Be very careful about what you enter in the box, as it is entirely possible to lock yourself out of your site by entering the wrong password here. If that happens, you will need to reset your password.