As a contributor, your access to the WordPress backend is limited to your own contributions.
- You can create and edit posts, but you cannot publish theme. (They must be published by an editor.
- You cannot edit your previously published posts, but this can be overridden.
- You cannot approve comments, but you can respond (in the front end) to previously approved comments.
- You can view and modify your user profile.
- You can use the tools menu.
If this is your first time using WordPress, you should read First Steps with WordPress.
If you are not familiar with WordPress, you will probably find the following pages useful: