Registering a Domain Name from DreamHost
A domain name is the address other people can use to find your website.
d12 Web Design will register a domain name on your behalf, but we recommend that you do this yourself, so that you have greater control over the process. We use and recommend DreamHost as a domain registrar.
Registering a Domain Name with DreamHost
- Visit https://www.dreamhost.com/domains/ to see if your domain name is available.
- Type the domain name you want and press the search button to see if it is available:
- If your desired domain name is available, DreamHost will tell you how much the registration costs for a year. It will also offer you other TLD's that are available. (Keep in mind that any sale prices listed are only for the first year of hosting. You will be billed at the regular price for all years after the first.)
- Click on the "Buy Now" button next to the TLD of your choice.
- You will be required to create an account with DreamHost to continue.
- Follow the prompts to create an account with DreamHost. You will need a current debit/credit card to pay for your domain registration.
Note: You will need a current, valid email address to create an account with DreamHost. Do not change this to an email address associated with your domain later. If, for some reason, your registration expires, you will not be able to login to DreamHost to update your information.