Terms and Conditions (Hosting)
These terms and conditions apply to internet hosting services provided by d12 Web Design and Development.
Use of d12's servers constitutes acceptance of and agreement to these terms and conditions, as well as acceptable use policy (herinafter, the "AUP") which accompanies theme.
Clients are required to adhere to these terms of service and the AUP. In the case of a breach of any of these terms and conditions, d12 reserves the right to suspend or terminate the offending account without notice or refund.
- d12 does not sell or provide domain name registrations. d12 clients must register their own domain names.
- Clients are responsible for configuring their domain's nameservers to point to d12 servers. (Instruction for doing so are here.) d12 is not responsible for incorrectly configured nameservers.
- In the event that a domain registration expires and the client does not renew it, the client is responsible for all hosting fees incurred until they file a request to cancel hosting services.
Finances and Billing
- The general finances and billing terms and condition also apply to hosting.
- Hosting fees are paid in advance of hosting services being provided.
- Non-payment of service by the due date will result in notification of non-payment being sent to the administrative email address for the account.
- If payment has not been received within 15 days of its being due, the client's account will be suspended until payment is received. The client is still responsible for hosting fees incurred during the suspension period.
- If payment has not been received within 45 days of its being due, the client's account will be cancelled.
- Hosting services will be for a 6- or 12-month contract period. The length of the contract period is chosed by the customer when signing up for hosting services.
- Hosting will commence when initial payment has been received.
- Clients may pay for their hosting by their contract period (6 or 12 months), or monthly at a higher rate.
- Any applicable set-up fees will be added to the cost of the first hosting payment.
Cancellation and Refunds
- Clients may cancel their hosting with d12 at any time by contacting support. Please note that cancellation requests received via social media will not be honored.
- Clients will receive a refund for any unusued portion of their hosting fees, apart from the remainder of the current month and a US $20 cancellation fee.
- Once a request for cancellation has been received, d12 is not responsible for the integrity of data associated with that account.
- d12 will provide website files (subject to the intellectual property agreement in the form of an archive file. d12 does not guarantee the integrity of archive files.
- Set-up fees are non-refundable.
- d12 reserves the right to suspend or cancel an account at any time, without notice, for any reason. In such a case, clients will be entitled to a pro rata refund, based on the remaining contract period, minus a US $20 termination fee.
- d12 reserves the right to suspend or cancel an account, without notice and without refund, if it deems, in its sole discretion, that the client has failed to comply with any of these terms, conditions, or policies.
Warranties and Limited Liability
- d12 regularly backs up customer data on its servers, but cannot guarantee the existence, completeness, timings, or availibility of these backups.
- Clients are responsible for maintaining their data on their local machine.
- Clients are responsible for any material stored on d12 servers, even if it is not publicly available.
- d12 makes no warranty with regard to RAM and storage allowances. Sites which use large amounts of storage (for example, through media uploads) or RAM (for example, as a result of persistent server processes or web traffic) may become temporarily unavailable. Sites which experience this regularly may be required to upgrade to a cloud hosting plan.
- d12 is not responsible for any loss caused by client files stored on d12 servers.