Toolbar in WordPress
The Toolbar is a WordPress tool that appears in your site's backend that gives you quick access to commonly used WordPress tools.
The left side of the Toolbar provides, in order from left to right:
- A link to Wordpress.org resources.
- A link to the frontend of your own website.
- The number of comments awaiting moderation.
- The number of updates awaiting. (Not seen in this screenshot, as everything is up to date on this site.)
- A link (+New) to creating new posts, pages, etc. (How much access this drop-down menu provides depends upon your user role.)
The right side of the Toolbar is a menu, which drops down when you hover over it:
- The first link (which in this case is "Contributor") takes you to your user profile.
- The second link ("Edit My Profile") also takes you to your user profile.
- The third link ("Logout") logs you out of your web site.
It also shows your avatar, which in this case is a robot.